Finding a good topic/research question to work on takes time and patience. While you’re in the process, take note of the following suggestions:
- start writing ideas down soon; you can rewrite your work later =======
- start writing ideas down
- writing is not a linear process, first draft doesn’t have to be perfect!!!
- have a working title
- and revise it at least 10 times
- play with words, seek inspiration in the literature
- realize that your ideas will continue to change
- even after data collection… and that’s good!
- don’t get married to your topic instantly, allow some time so that you can really get to know each other first
- find your focus (narrow down your idea)
- start thinking about processes and issues instead of topics (!)