The data section typically consists of the following parts.
Description of data collection
- Describe how the data was collected (e.g., web scraping, APIs, a cooperation with the company)
- Describe which data was collected (“the raw data”)
- E.g., time frame, number of cross sectional units, type of data
- As an example, please check how I describe my own data collections in published papers
Data preparation and variable operationalization
- Describe how you move from the raw data set to the final data set. See next sections of this guide for more details.
Provide descriptive statistics of the final data set