- Is the text type appropriate for the audience?
- Is there no mix of different text types?
- Have the rules of an academic paper been applied correctly?
- Does the reader still have questions after reading the text?
- Does the text contradict itself?
- Is all the information presented in the text correct?
- Is the coherence between the different paragraphs clear?
- Are the paragraphs structured similarly?
- Have sufficient link words been used to indicate coherence?
- Is the formulation understandable, to the point, and attuned to the audience?
- Is the style consistent throughout the text?
- Are the sentences and word choice correct?
- Is the presentation in line with the requirements? (e.g., not too many headings, inappropriate bold face and italics, etc.)
- Is the layout consistent throughout the text?
- Are there no spelling and punctuation errors?