Some students seemingly have established a dangerous mindset about the details…
- “Missing, incomplete or wrong references are okay in a master
- “Punctuation is no big deal”
- “Grammar issues can be addressed”
- “Details in figures and tables are only relevant in the final version of the thesis.”
- “The listed maximum length of a thesis is really only a rough guideline; it is okay if the manuscript is actually longer.”
- Pay attention to the small details; do not allow issues with the details to get in the way of an otherwise good thesis.
- Ask friends and fellow students for feedback & proof reading! Do so many times!
- If writing remains an issue for you, please be in touch with the Scriptorium - they can help you greatly!