When first meeting with your coach, please prepare the following:
(Re)share your thesis proposal
- Please email your research proposal to your coach, even if you haven’t updated it after handing it in (PDF format). Do so at least three days before the meeting.
- If you’re supervised in a team, send the research proposal to your thesis partner, too.
Make an overview of the data that you have or plan to use
- e.g ., inform yourself about the dataset, make some descriptive statistics if possible; see also the section on describing your data on this site
Make an overview about the software stack you’re planning to use
- Which software to accomplish which (pipeline) task? (e.g., R for data preparation, Python for k-means clustering, R for fixed-effects model, etc.)
Prepare a rough sketch about your project pipeline
Know this website, and the various requirements that are already relevant at this stage of your thesis process
Make an evaluation of your individual strengths and weaknesses and share those with me! (this way, we can anticipate problems)
- What’s your ambition with this thesis?
- Where do you want to be in five years from now?
- What are you really good at?
- Which areas excite you, and wish to learn more about?
- What is it that you really dislike?
We will most likely discuss the contribution of your study, your data, and your project pipeline.
- Study these sections well and be prepared to pitch your research!!!
- Have a list of potential contributions of your research
- Have an initial conceptual model
- Try to sketch your project pipeline